About the client:
8 year old girl with a high level spinal cord injury and hypoxic brain injury. She has a tracheostomy and ventilator. She is able to vocalise minimally as she can time her vocalisations with her ventilator. She has a Nurse and Healthcare Assistant who will be with her at all times to ensure her medical and clinical needs are met. She uses facial expressions as a way to communicate and express herself. Educationally, she is currently functioning at a similar level to a child of her age.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a committed Teacher to work alongside our client's therapy team and teaching assistant. You will be part of a strong and supportive team who all work together to ensure that our client is given the high level of support and care that she requires. This role would suit candidates who are experienced in working as part of a team and are ready to learn. It is vital that you are patient, understanding and compassionate. You will encounter a variety of challenges, so it is very important you can react and use your initiative and experience in working in a SEND environment. We are looking for a candidate to work part time during school hours: 2.5 hours teaching, 3 days a week and 3 hours of planning time per week.
· Prepare engaging and appropriate lessons for our client.
· Deliver interesting and suitable lessons.
· Plan for time the TA is with our client outside of your teaching time.
· Working with the therapy team to assist with therapy programmes (Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist and Music Therapist)
· Maintaining good records and record keeping
· Assist with eye gaze technology (AAC)
· At least 3 years teaching experience
· Strong communication and organisation skills
· Ability to problem solve and use initiative
· Confidence with computers/technology
· Ability to multi task
· Experience working with children with disabilities
· Experience in a similar role
· Experience with eye gaze technology
· Experience working with therapists/therapy team
Pay ranges from £20 to £30 per hour dependant on experience.
This is a temporary position unless otherwise stated.
Please note: The details of this job are correct as of the start of the school closures. We anticipate that there will still be a need to fill this vacancy either on the expected timescale (as many of the schools we work with will remain open to support SEND/Keyworker children) or when schools re-open. We are therefore continuing to accept applications but please bear with us as there may be a delay on the listed start date due to the fact that the situation is continually evolving.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.