An SEND Residential in North London are looking for residential support workers who are looking for a temp to perm placement to start ASAP.
The students they cater to have various SEND requirements and want to be supported to do the things they want to do, such as swimming, shopping etc.
This role provides this support, either by working as part of a team or on a one to one basis. The post holder supports the individual with SEMH (formerly EBD) to live the life they choose.
- Assist in the assessment of individuals with autism to enable them to develop talents and ensure needs or difficulties are identified to meet their full potential
- Maintain regular and appropriate records and reports as directed
- Provide required support to the individual with SEMH which ensures the maintenance of an environment which is safe and hygienic as possible and appropriate to their needs
- Apply appropriate agreed Intervention as specified in support care plans, and procedure techniques, for the protection and safety on the individual with autism, others and the environment
- Support the individual to access health services appropriate to their needs as specified in their care plan
- Participate in all meetings as required and make a positive contribution to them
- Ensure good working relationships with parents, family, and other professionals involved in the individual with autism's care and promote team working and good working relationships with colleagues
- Undertake sleep in duties when required
- Provide personal care when required
The school are looking for candidates who can work Full time only and can be flexible. Having a positive attitude is key and experience with children is a MUST.
Working hours will include, weekdays, weekends and bank holidays as they are open 52 weeks of the year, 24 hours a day. You do get 30days holiday a year and they have onsite parking.
There is a rolling rota and the hours vary.
They are looking for staff who are committed and can be flexible and able to work ALL shifts when required - please note there will be a rolling rota.
Pay is £11-15 per hour.
There is staff parking and if you are a driver that would be a benefit especially on the late shifts.
Training and development will be provided.
This is a temporary position.
If you are interested, then please contact Nicole Austin at Axcis Education on 020 7580 2956.
This is a temporary position unless otherwise stated.
Please note: The details of this job are correct as of the start of the school closures. We anticipate that there will still be a need to fill this vacancy either on the expected timescale (as many of the schools we work with will remain open to support SEND/Keyworker children) or when schools re-open. We are therefore continuing to accept applications but please bear with us as there may be a delay on the listed start date due to the fact that the situation is continually evolving.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.