Job Title: Teaching assistant
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated teaching assistant to join our enthusiastic team as in a primary school in Birkenhead. As a teaching assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting our educators and pupils, contributing to an environment that encourages academic growth, creativity, and well-being.
• Provide support to teachers in delivering engaging and effective lessons, assisting with classroom activities, and offering one-on-one guidance to students as needed.
• Individualized Support: Work closely with students, including those with special educational needs, providing tailored assistance to help them achieve their full potential.
• Assessment and Progress Tracking: Assist in monitoring and recording student progress, contributing valuable insights to educators for further development and support.
• Behavioural Support: Support the maintenance of a positive and inclusive classroom environment by implementing behaviour management strategies and fostering a culture of respect and cooperation.
• Resource Preparation: Prepare and organize teaching materials, aiding in the creation of an engaging learning environment.
• Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or in a similar educational setting is desirable.
• A passion for education and a genuine interest in supporting the development of young learners.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team.
• An understanding of safeguarding practices and a commitment to promoting a safe learning environment for all children.
• Relevant qualifications or willingness to undertake training related to the role.
If you are enthusiastic about making a difference in the lives of young learners and thrive in a collaborative educational environment, we would love to hear from you!
This role is Monday to Friday, 8:30-16:00 and is on a long-term on-going basis. There is excellent potential for progression in this school, with many staff being taken onto permanent contracts after a short period of supply work.
As sponsors of the National Autistic Society and other notable SEND organisations, Axcis takes it duty of care to the profession seriously and we do our best to find only the best staff for the schools we work with
<br/><br />If you are interested, then please contact Jessica Tierney on 0151 459 9299 | Ext: 3029 and click on the apply button below.<br /><br />If you are not interested in this role but know someone else who might be, <strong>don't forget that we offer £150 in shopping vouchers if you refer a friend to us and we place them in the job.</strong> For more details, contact your local Axcis office.<br /><br /><em>This is a temporary position, unless stated otherwise.</em><br /><br /><em>Axcis is an equal opportunities employer and as such we do not discriminate based on age, gender, disability, race or any other equal opportunities criteria.<br /><br />The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.<br /><br />As such, you will be required to provide an up to date DBS, or be prepared to allow Axcis to process one on your behalf, in addition to other mandatory compliance checks in line with the DfE guidelines (for details please see our website).<br /><br />Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.<br /><br />You must be suitably qualified for the position advertised and be prepared to attend a face to face interview with Axcis to demonstrate your suitability for this role.<br /><br />Salary / Pay Rate will be dependent on your skills and experience.</em><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#e0004d;"><a href="/job-page-disclaimer">View the disclaimer</a></span></strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#e0004d;"><strong>Contact: </strong></span><strong> Jessica Tierney </strong><br /><br /><strong><span style="color:#e0004d;">Telephone: </span> 0151 459 9299 | Ext: 3029</strong></strong>