Special Needs Teachers for Multi Academy Trust in Swindon
Axcis Education are proud to be working alongside a large multi academy trust in Swindon and are looking for teachers that specialise in working with pupils with additional needs to either work on a long term or ad-hoc basis. With the current health crisis we are not specifically looking for anyone as of right now but are ideally looking for teachers that would be interested for a September start date.
This trust has a collection of schools that specialise in teaching children with a wide variety of additional needs such as autism, PLMD and epilepsy. Whist some of the schools are located well within the town limits, a couple are just outside of town and you would likely need a car to get there. Depending on what it is you are looking for, this is a great opportunity to network and get involved with a collection of schools that are proud to not have a high turnover of staff.
The schools cater to all age ranges from reception up to post 16, so there is really something to suit most teachers that show not only great passion for their teaching but can gain good attainment from pupils whatever their learning abilities might be. So if you are looking for a new challenge or change in classroom, don't delay and get in touch today to see what we can do for you today.
The ideal candidates will;
- Have previous teaching experience at either primary or secondary level and have a good working knowledge of the national curriculum within their working backgrounds
- Have previous experience teaching those with special needs and be able to show that they can build bespoke learning material for each pupil that really strives them to achieve their academic goals
- Hold a teaching qualification and UK qualified teaching status
- Have either a flexible diary for ad-hoc work or the commitment to take on more full time roles and be able to facilitate schools in any way they can
- Possess a friendly and patient disposition that lends itself to vulnerable children
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate that is on the update service. If you do not currently have one, we can help you apply for this.
If you are interested, then please contact Lee Harris at Axcis Education on 0117 373 6127.
This is a temporary position unless otherwise stated.
Please note: The details of this job are correct as of the start of the school closures. We anticipate that there will still be a need to fill this vacancy either on the expected timescale (as many of the schools we work with will remain open to support SEND/Keyworker children) or when schools re-open. We are therefore continuing to accept applications but please bear with us as there may be a delay on the listed start date due to the fact that the situation is continually evolving.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.