Youth Worker - Guildford | Surrey | SEN TA Jobs
Are you an experienced Youth Worker seeking your next challenge? I am currently seeking a Youth Worker to provide support to SEND students at a fantastic College in Guildford, with a second campus in Merrist Wood.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- To provide support for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, and tutors to ensure the delivery of an effective programme of further education and to work as part of a co-ordinated team
- To support learners with managing behaviour and accessing the curriculum
You will also be required to:
- Encourage students to demonstrate appropriate social skills as well as behaving appropriately in public settings; including all areas of the College
- Support and complement the role of the tutor and where necessary, assisting in the preparation of the teaching environment and equipment under the tutor’s guidance.
- Help students understand and undertake set tasks in an appropriate way including note taking and supporting with literacy and numeracy
- Work with the whole class, a small group or individual learners as required
- Help to build students’ confidence and motivation
- Act as liaison between tutor and student
- Provide LSA team members and relevant tutors with information in relation to aspects of students behaviour, education and welfare
If you are interested in the position of Youth Worker, then please contact Jessica Tester at Axcis Education on 020 7580 2956.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Jessica Tester
TELEPHONE: 020 7580 2956