Teaching Assistant, challenging behaviour, Swindon
Axcis Education is looking for a teaching assistant to work with pupils within a specialist provision that exhibit challenging behaviour. These pupils are of secondary school ages and we are looking for someone who can confidently handle challenging situations and resolve conflict in a positive and non physical way. This role is full time and on a rolling ad-hoc basis with the possibility of going permanent in the future.
The base is located within a large secondary school in Swindon, where pupils are relocated when they can not contribute to the main school in a healthy and productive way. Pupils are known to be verbally abusive but no usually prone to physical outbursts. This is a great opportunity for someone who can look past the behaviours and see only an opportunity to make a measurable difference to learning.
Swindon has good public transport links, so if you don't drive, it's not a problem, we can still work with you (providing the distance and time works!)
The ideal candidate will have;
- Experience working with children in any format but ideally with older ages
- Experience working with special needs such social, emotional difficulties and be able to resolve conflicts with ease and with as little disruption to others as possible
- Relevant qualifications and/or training such as Team Teach training (although this is not essential)
- A can do attitude and willingness to help a school in anyway they can
- An enhanced DBS certificate on the update service (if you don't have one, we can help you apply for one)
- Previous teaching assistant experience is also desirable but not essential
If you are interested, then please contact Lee Harris at Axcis Education on 0117 373 6127.
This is a temporary position unless otherwise stated.
Please note: The details of this job are correct as of the start of the school closures. We anticipate that there will still be a need to fill this vacancy either on the expected timescale (as many of the schools we work with will remain open to support SEND/Keyworker children) or when schools re-open. We are therefore continuing to accept applications but please bear with us as there may be a delay on the listed start date due to the fact that the situation is continually evolving.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.