Axcis Education is currently looking for an experienced teaching assistant with SEND experience to work in a mainstream primary school that is located in the Ealing area of West London.
You will be supporting a young child who has challenging behaviour and has been diagnosed with ADHD and learning difficulties. The right candidate for this role will have previous experience working with SEND and should be confident when managing challenging behaviour.
This role is for an immediate start, will be full time Monday to Friday and is term time only. This is a fantastic opportunity for a teacher assistant who wants to excel in their career as well as pick up different methods of teaching along the way. This school is in an excellent location for public transport, the school also has a staff car park for drivers.
The ideal candidate for this Primary Teaching Assistant role will:
- Have experience working in either a school, care or childcare setting
- Have an understanding of autism and knowledge of helpful behavioural strategies to support children with their development
- Be available full-time
- Hold an enhanced DBS on the update service (if you do not have this, Axcis can assist you in attaining one)
This role is not expected to be around for long, so please apply now!
- Axcis offer candidates a range of CPD courses - including (but not limited to): L2 Safeguarding, Autism Awareness and Team Teach.
- We have professional partnerships with a range of special needs charities and organisations and are often involved in conferences and events to which we may be able to offer free or discounted tickets.
- Free monthly giveaway prize draws to win useful SEND teaching resources, books and activities News updates, resources and a host of useful content through our social media platforms Recognition of our staff through our "Candidate of the Term" awards and social events.
This is a temporary position.
If you are interested, then please contact Naomi Bateson at Axcis Education on 020 7580 2956.
This is a temporary position unless otherwise stated.
Please note: The details of this job are correct as of the start of the school closures. We anticipate that there will still be a need to fill this vacancy either on the expected timescale (as many of the schools we work with will remain open to support SEND/Keyworker children) or when schools re-open. We are therefore continuing to accept applications but please bear with us as there may be a delay on the listed start date due to the fact that the situation is continually evolving.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.