Job Title: Residential Support Staff
JOB WORKING HOURS:
An SEND Residential in The Wirral are looking for residential support workers who are looking for a temp to perm placement; to start asap to work with young adults with Austism.
You will be supporting young adults with Autism in their daily activities and promoting independence wherever possible.
- Assist in the assessment of individuals with autism to enable them to develop talents and ensure needs or difficulties are identified to meet their full potential
- Maintain regular and appropriate records and reports as directed
- Provide required support to the individual with ASD which ensures the maintenance of an environment which is safe and hygienic as possible and appropriate to their needs
- Apply appropriate agreed Intervention as specified in support care plans, and procedure techniques, for the protection and safety on the individual with autism, others and the environment
- Support the individual with autism to access health services appropriate to their needs as specified in their care plan
- Participate in all meetings as required and make a positive contribution to them
- Ensure good working relationships with parents, family, and other professionals involved in the individual with autism's care and promote team working and good working relationships with colleagues
- Undertake sleep in duties when required
- Provide personal care when required
They are looking for candidates who can work Full time only. Working hours will include, weekends and bank holidays as they are open 52 weeks of the year, 24 hours a day.
There is a rolling rota which varies but shift hours include 7am to 3pm, 2.30pm to 10pm, 2pm to 10pm, 1.30pm to 10pm, 3pm to 10.15pm,
8.15am to 3.30pm.
They are looking for staff who are committed and can be flexible and able to work ALL shifts when required - please note there will be a rolling rota.
Training and development will be provided.
This is a temporary position.
If you are interested, then please contact Hannah Jennions at Axcis Education on 0151 448 2810.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.