Post 16 SLD Teacher, Bristol
This post is an ideal opportunity for someone with expert experience & teaching skills to work with learners in a post-16 environment that have Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD.)
To be eligible for this post you must have UK QTS or QTLS. You'll also need to demonstrate (on your CV):
- Significant experience of working with pupils with SLD who have a range of emerging literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to plan a focus on life skills and preparing for adulthood
- Creative approaches to work experience opportunities
- Ability to meet Accreditation evidence expectations (Equals 'Moving On', ASDAN 'Personal progress')
- Organised and responsible for frequent offsite visits to the community including preparing risk assessments
- Ability to put learning in a functional context
- Excellent written skills
This is a full times opportunity, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday and part-time candidates cannot be considered. The post is expected to start on Monday 21st October up to 20th December with the potential to extend until the end of July 2020.
To be considered and eligible for this post, applicants must have a full & current 12 hour Team Teach certificate and significant SEND experience.
The closing date for this vacancy is 12pm Monday 14th October but please apply earlier wherever possible.
If you are interested, then please apply with you r full, up to date CV or contact Laurence Hewetson at Axcis Education on 0117 373 6127.
This is a temporary position.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Laurence Hewetson
TELEPHONE: 0117 373 6127