POST 16 Autism specialist Teacher, Bristol
This assignment is to work with Post 16 students with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties) based in Bristol. Only teachers with QTS or QTLS are eligible for this post. the salary range is uyp to MPS6
The successful applicant must clearly be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Significant experience of working with pupils with SLD who have a range of emerging literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to plan a focus on life skills and preparing for adulthood
- Creative approaches to work experience opportunities
- Ability to meet Accreditation evidence expectations (Equals 'Moving On', ASDAN 'Personal progress')
- Organised and responsible for frequent offsite visits to the community including preparing risk assessments
- Ability to put learning in a functional context
- Excellent written skills
The assignment is full time, 5 days a week and part-time candidates cannot be considered. You would need to be able to start at 830am every day. For this assignment candidates are required to have full 2-day Team Teach training and use the strategies. Candidates with this qualification, plus significant SEN experience will be prioritised.
Please apply with your full up to date CVs showing specific date and experience by 1.00pm Friday 12th July. Shortlisted candidates will be invited in to the school for an informal interview and to spend time in class before the end of term.
This is a temporary position.
If you are interested, then please contact Laurence Hewetson at Axcis Education on 0117 373 6127.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Laurence Hewetson
TELEPHONE: 0117 373 6127