Night support workers; Swindon
Are you looking to make a positive impact on the life of a vulnerable adult? Do your personal circumstances mean that you can only work unusual hours? If so please read on....
Axcis Education is seeking support workers to work in a residential environment with vulnerable adults with physical disabilities across Swindon and Wiltshire on mainly night shifts. This will often mean working throughout the night and making sure that service users are seen to should they need any support during sleeping hours. Some workplaces do offer sleep in options where as others do require that you be awake during your shift. The kind of hours you could expect to work can range from starting as early as 9pm and working until 7am.
Because of the nature of working with special needs in a residential setting, there are usually elements of personal care and manual handling involved in the job, therefore experience and/or training in these skills is essential as well as having experience in a wide variety of different disorders.
Skills and Requirements:
- You will, ideally, have already achieved a Diploma or NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (adults) or equivalent but this is not essential.
- You will preferably hold a current driving license, be able to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate to work with adults (or child and adult) on the update service, if you do not have one we can help you apply for this.
- A can do attitude and be able to help wherever needed whilst maintaining a sense of professionalism at all times.
- You will also need to have good communication skills, where comprehensive notes between shift rotations are essential in providing the best support possible.
- A sense of humour and approachable personality are also important to the role, these are individuals just like everyone else and building a good rapport is just as much part of the job as the physical aspects of manual handling.
If you would like to know more please get in touch or send your CV to us.
This is a temporary position.
If you are interested, then please contact Lee Harris at Axcis Education on 0117 373 6127.
This is a temporary position unless otherwise stated.
Please note: The details of this job are correct as of the start of the school closures. We anticipate that there will still be a need to fill this vacancy either on the expected timescale (as many of the schools we work with will remain open to support SEND/Keyworker children) or when schools re-open. We are therefore continuing to accept applications but please bear with us as there may be a delay on the listed start date due to the fact that the situation is continually evolving.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.