Secondary Teacher required immediately until July 2018 | London - NW | SEN Teacher Jobs
JOB TITLE / ROLE:
Secondary Teacher required immediately until July 2018 - London - NW - Role: SEN Teacher Jobs
Our outstanding secondary school based in Brent are seeking a full-time SEND secondary teacher to start immediately until July 2018.
The appointed teacher will be directly responsible to the Head of Department and will take on the following duties:-
- To teach and support children with a wide range of Special Educational Needs, including learning, communication, ASD, behavioural, sensory and medical needs in a range of contexts, including individual tutoring, small groups, classroom support and informal situations.
- To be a Key Worker for named high need students, coordinating and evaluating their support and special needs provision to ensure their access to the curriculum and inclusion.
- Direct teaching of literacy and numeracy to individuals and small groups of student, including those with Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia).
- To take part in team teaching and classroom support across the curriculum, producing differentiated materials to aid access to the curriculum as appropriate.
- To carry out formal and informal assessments and gather information on students
- To attend or run Annual Review Meetings for identified students.
- To monitor and evaluate the progress of students regularly and to provide the necessary reports.
- To collaborate with colleagues, parents and carers as well as students to produce termly Individual Plans for students and to implement and evaluate these plans.
- To support the Department¡¦s Lunch Time Club and Homework Support Club as required.
- To develop the use of I.T.to enhance learning
- To contribute to the pastoral support of students as a co Form Tutor and to share in the responsibility for the well- being and discipline of all students.
If you are interested, then please contact Camelia Meade at Axcis Education on 020 7580 2956 or apply now!
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Camelia Meade
TELEPHONE: 020 7580 2956