Lead Learning Mentor needed for amazing role in West London!! | London - West | School Support Staff Jobs
I am looking for a Lead Placement Co-ordinator to support students across multiple schools, co-ordinating, providing and promoting a learning mentor service to referred students. In this role you will be liaising with commissioned providers to address the individual needs of students in orde to meet their learning and social, emotional and health needs.
The Lead Placement Co-ordinator needs to be able to work independently; to use his/her own initiative but to ask for support from colleagues when necessary; to be able to work in students' homes or in the office equally comfortably; to travel across the borough on home and school visits; and to enjoy continuous and varied challenges in the working week.
The main function of this role will be to place students in an appropriate commissioned provision and help maintain those placements by supporting the student, families and providers throughout the period of the student's placement. You will have a case load of up to 12 students at any time. The ultimate goal of this role is to facilitate young people's learning and personal development through mentoring so that they can make a successful transfer and transition into mainstream education or a post-16 provision for employment, education and training.
The Learning and Progression Co-ordinator needs to have:
1. Previous successful experience of working with young people on an individual and group basis in supporting their learning and development
2. Ability to engage constructively with and relate to a wide range of young people and families/carers from different cultural and social backgrounds; key qualities are empathy and the ability to hold boundaries without confrontation
3. Ability to assess and review young people's needs and family circumstances and to plan and implement appropriate responses
4. Ability to identify potential barriers to learning and jointly engage in strategies to overcome them
5. A knowledge of the range of KS4 external accreditation available
Skills and Attributes
The Learning and Progression Co-ordinator needs to exhibit:
1. Confidence in supporting teaching and learning across the core curriculum and beyond
2. Excellent interpersonal skills
3. Confident use of ICT to support learning and for administrative purposes.
4. Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with colleagues in the interests of the students
5. Skill in building positive relationships with students with a range of social, emotional and behaviour difficulties and with their families
6. The ability to communicate clearly, orally and in writing
7. Ability to monitor and evaluate own performance and achievements both quantitative and qualitative.
8. An understanding of the requirements of Careers Education, Information and Guidance programmes
9. Good time management skills
10. A willingness and capacity to travel around the Borough to visit young people and commissioned provisions.
1. An approachable and friendly manner
2. An empathetic approach to the difficulties experienced by students
3. An ability to hold boundaries without confrontation
4. A high level of professionalism
5. A high level of personal integrity
6. A creative and solution-focused and resilient approach to difficulties
7. Dependability and reliability.
If you are interested, then please contact Tom Dibble at Axcis Education on 020 7580 2956.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Tom Dibble
TELEPHONE: 020 7580 2956