EBD Teaching assistant - Rochdale | Rochdale | SEN TA Jobs
JOB TITLE / ROLE:
EBD Teaching assistant - Rochdale - Rochdale - Role: SEN TA Jobs
SEN Teaching Assistant SEMH / EBD
Do you have experience supporting young people with challenging behaviour?
We have an SEN teaching assistant job available at a Secondary PRU in the Rochdale area for someone with this background with a January start.
The PRU is a dynamic and busy environment, with a strong focus on teamwork and collaborative working.
Roles and responsibilities
- Providing behaviour management and support to young people around the whole school setting.
- Classroom management.
- Mentoring young people during lesssons with special focus helping to improve embedded numeracy and literacy.
- Motivating and engaging pupils in lessons.
- Acting as trusted adult and positive role model.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a proven track record of supporting Secondary aged young people.
- be able to manage difficult behaviour.
- remain calm under pressure and during challenging situations.
- have a passion to help young people learn and develop.
- contribute to a team atmosphere and a fun, friendly and safe place to work
- Experience of behaviour management and de-escalation strategies such as Team Teach is ideal but not essential.
- Opportunities for training and development.
- On-site parking and close to local shops and amenities.
- Working in a well known and respected institution.
If you are interested, then please contact Graham Warner at Axcis Education on 0161 413 6043.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
View the disclaimer
CONTACT: Graham Warner
TELEPHONE: 0161 413 6043