Search for teachers
Axcis Education is an agency dedicated to providing 360 degree staffing assistance to special needs schools and support staff for mainstream environments. We have a very well developed database of teachers and support staff experienced in working with individuals on the Autistic spectrum (ASD), those with severe learning difficulties (SLD), moderate learning difficulties (MLD), profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), complex needs, social, emotional and behavioural difficulties (SEBD), and many other types of SEN as well as mainstream.
We provide training for our candidates in a variety of areas including Team Teach, PECS and Makaton Tasters, Managing Challenging Behaviour, Induction evenings and Autism Awareness courses. This means that you can be sure your pupils are in safe hands, and your staff and pupils will feel the benefits of having a supply cover that knows what they are doing.
Below you will find a brief introduction to our professional partnerships, our training program and our client events as well as a summary of our vetting procedure.
How We Can Help You?
Axcis offers assistance with day-to-day, short-term, long-term, and permanent vacancies. We provide a free candidate shortlisting service for any vacancies you may have, so please call 0800 107 9900 to discuss your particular requirements. There is no charge unless you appoint one of our candidates.
- Day-to-day - Time is usually of the essence for day-to-day cover. We aim to give you an answer within 15 minutes of your call. Supply teachers working for Axcis are always prepared and able to work effectively on short notice. They have lesson plans relevant to their age groups and are all aware of the National Curriculum Requirements. Please call 0800 107 9900 - we are open from 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Short- or long-term cover - If you know of a pending vacancy please give us as much notice as possible. This will allow us to find the best teacher and ensure they are fully prepared.
Axcis hosts regular client events including exhibitions and training sessions. Many training events are subsidized by Axcis and as such are offered at a minimal cost as part of our commitment to SEND. These training sessions cover a variety of topics from TEACCH to NAS Road Shows and NASS Conferences. We really do offer something for everyone.
Please click here for detailed information on the various client focused events we are running in the coming months.
Sole Provider Partnerships
Axcis Education is the sole SEN and support staff provider for a number of schools, both mainstream and special needs. This has several benefits for your school, most important of which is that we will know the needs of your school inside out and will be able to resource candidates specifically to meet these needs. You will also have the advantage of first choice on the candidates that you would like to have back on a regular basis, which means consistency for your pupils and a familiar face with background knowledge on the school.
For those schools who choose to enter into a sole provider partnership with Axcis we will take the time to discuss what benefits might be most advantageous for your school and will tailor an agreement specific to these.
Please call the office on 0800 107 9900 and speak to your consultant for further details. Alternatively you can email your consultant directly. Over 2,500 teachers are currently online with more added each day. If you are interested in finding out more about any teacher simply call your consultant on 0800 107 9900. If you do not currently have a consultant, just call the same number and you will be put through to an experienced consultant who deals with your area of the UK.
Our procedures follow the DfE / Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Quality Mark guidelines for vetting staff in schools. For every candidate on our books the following employment documents will be seen and checks will be undertaken as part of a face-to-face interview. Only original or certified documents are acceptable.
- Up to date CV and application form – gaps in employment history accounted for
- Receipt of at least two satisfactory professional references covering the last two years
- Verification of identity in line with The Immigration Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
- Passport and visa status as required
- List 99 heck on all names, and marriage or change of name documentation as required
- A satisfactory up to date CRB clearance
- Overseas Police Check as required
- Verification of medical fitness
- Verification of qualifications, including NARIC comparison as required
- Verification of whether or not the Teachers Agency has any restrictions in force
- Verification of successful completion of induction period as required
- Photograph taken to be kept on file and sent to schools with vetting documentation upon placement
- Candidate vetting is regularly updated and all information is scanned and kept on file.
Online Candidate Search
Clients are able to search some of our available candidates online in real time! You choose the basic requirements for the vacancy you are looking to fill and the search function does the rest.
Try it for yourself www.axcis.co.uk/search
Over 2,500 teachers are currently online with more added each day. If you are interested in finding out more about any teacher simply call your consultant on 0800 107 9900. If you do not currently have a consultant, just call the same number and you will be put through to an experienced consultant who deals with your area of the UK.