P46, Feedback form etc
Specific information for those from...
Cover Supervisor Jobs
The job title of ‘Cover Supervisor’ is very new in UK schools and it has come about as a result of the governments ‘Remodelling of the School Workforce’ agenda.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, you will often be taking a group of approximately 30 students on your own.
A cover supervisor is only used for short-term absences of teachers (for example sickness/training days). This could be arranged in advance or on the day and can be in any subject area.
On a daily basis, cover supervision is more than likely to include:
• Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy;
• Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment;
• Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures;
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures;
• Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher;
• Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any other issues which may arise.
On occasions where cover supervisors are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support to teachers in classrooms, or to carry out administrative tasks.
Thus it is easy to see how the role of cover supervisor and teaching assistant can become interchangeable.
The working day is usually during school hours and often, term time only. Salaries are set locally by schools, usually with guidance from local education authorities.
Who is suitable for Cover Supervisor work?
Axcis has placed people from many different backgrounds into work as a cover supervisor. Some of the most common are listed below:
• Graduates who are keen to undertake a career in teaching and wish to gain some classroom based experience;
• Overseas trained teachers who have failed to gain QTS inside the 4 year window currently allowed under UK legislation;
• UK trained teachers who have been out of the classroom for a number of years and are looking to return to teaching;
• NQTs who have exceeded the 16 months of supply work allowed prior to commencing their Induction;
• Teaching Assistants who are looking to progress into a role which carries more responsibility/pay.
What support and training do we offer?
If you are look looking for permanent, long-term or daily cover supervisor work, then we can help. Our relationships with local schools provide access to a wealth of opportunities in Nursery, Primary and Secondary schools.
To ensure consistency in our service to you, you will be appointed by one of our experienced consultants who will take the time to establish your individual needs and always be your first point of reference.
Register with us today and and apply for cover supervisor jobs. You will benefit from:
• Excellent rates of pay;
• Prompt weekly payments, on time every time;
• A personalised programme of continuous professional development;
• Free social events;
• Access to teaching opportunities in all key stages and subject specialisms;
• Flexible assignments;
• Support during challenging times;
• Bonus for recommending friends or colleagues to us.
Simply register to be a cover supervisor.
More information on the following job roles Axcis education recruits for: Primary Teachers, Secondary Teachers, Special Needs Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Nursery Teachers, Cover Supervisors, School Support Staff, School Management, International Teachers